If you are unable to attend one of our workshops, please contact our team to schedule a one on one session!
REGISTER FOR A WORKSHOP BY CLICKING ON THE LINKED DATE & TIME BELOW
Career Exploration: Learn more about yourself and the world of work. Identify and explore possible careers, school and training options, and more!
- Tuesday, July 7, 3 - 4 pm
- Wednesday, July 15, 2 - 3 pm
- Thursday, July 23, Noon - 1 pm
- Monday, July 27, 1 - 2 pm
- Friday, July 31, 10 - 11 am
Computer Skills for Going Back to School: Planning on returning to school this fall? In 2020, computer skills are essential to succeed in college. Join us to learn what computer skills you are going to need to go back to school this fall, including setting up email an address, how to use email-based calendars and various programs (i.e., word processing (Word), data tracking (Excel) and video conference programs (Zoom)), and how to stay organized and meet deadlines when you are enrolled in online classes.
- Thursday, July 2, 2 - 3 pm
- Friday, July 10, 11 am - Noon
- Monday, July 13, 3 - 4 pm
- Tuesday, July 21, 4 - 5 pm
- Wednesday, July 29, 5 - 6 pm
- Friday, July 31, 1 - 2 pm
Financial Aid for College or Technical School: Many new students don’t know where to get funding to return to school. There are many ways to get financial assistance at a college or technical school. Don’t let others tell you it can’t be done; come to our financial aid workshop and learn the various forms of federal and state aid, scholarships, and other aid available to financially assist adult students.
- Wednesday, July 8, 1 - 2 pm
- Monday, July 13, Noon - 1 pm
- Thursday, July 16, 11 am - Noon
- Tuesday, July 21, 10 - 11 am
- Friday, July 24, 2 - 3 pm
- Wednesday, July 29, 3 - 4 pm
Interview Skills: Learn the techniques needed to make the best possible impression, in order to get the job offer you desire.
- Monday, July 6, Noon - 1:30 pm
- Tuesday, July 14, 9:30 - 11 am
- Thursday, July 23, 10 - 11:30 am
- Monday, July 27, 10:30 am - Noon
Keys to Successful Online Learning: Many degree programs are offered entirely online, and most traditional ‘brick and mortar’ programs will require at least one online class. Come to this workshop to learn specific qualities you should possess before enrolling in distance classes. We will discuss technical needs and specific strategies for success in online classes.
- Friday, July 3, 11 am - Noon
- Monday, July 6, 2 - 3 pm
- Tuesday, July 14, 3 - 4 pm
- Wednesday, July 22, 1 - 2 pm
- Thursday, July 30, 10 - 11 am
Resume Tips: Get the most up-to-date expert advice on how to get your resume through the ATS (application tracking systems) and secure an interview.
- Thursday, July 2, 9 - 10:30 am
- Tuesday, July 7, 11 am - 12:30 pm
- Thursday, July 16, 9 - 10:30 am
- Monday, July 20, 10:30 am - Noon
- Tuesday, July 28, 9:30 - 11 am
Toolkit for a Successful College Journey: Many veterans have been out of school for some time and may need some “refreshing” on how to study. This workshop focuses on how to make the best grades possible and remember information taught in the classroom or workshop. You will also learn strategies to relieve test anxiety, how to communicate with tact, and other strategies that will help you succeed in school.
- Wednesday, July 1, 10 - 11 am
- Thursday, July 9, 11 am - Noon
- Friday, July 17, 2 - 3 pm
- Monday, July 20, 1 - 2 pm
- Tuesday, July 28, 3 - 4 pm
VUB sessions are also established on an individual basis. Instruction is available in math, writing, reading, science, foreign language, and computer skills.
For more information about any VUB activity, please call us at 913-321-5512 or toll-free at 877-446-9337, or email us at email@example.com.