Application for Services
We are pleased that you are interested in Veterans Upward Bound. The purpose of this program is to provide eligible veterans an opportunity to acquire the skills and motivation necessary for the pursuit and completion of postsecondary education.
Please complete your application carefully and fully. The information you provide is held confidential in accordance with the family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations.
NOTE: The Veterans Upward Bound application requires your Social Security Number. If you are submitting your application via email or online, please only include the last 4 digits of your SSN. When we receive your application, a VUB staff member will call to confirm your entire SSN. VUB also requires a copy of your DD214, which can be submitted via email, mail, or hand delivered to our Kansas City office.
Steps to submit your application to VUB:
**Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to open and complete the VUB application. To download Acrobat Reader, click this link. If you are using a mobile device, check for the free App from your App store.**
1. Complete the Veterans Upward Bound Application and submit it via email or mail.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom on the application to submit via Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, or Yahoo -- or --
- Save a copy of your completed application and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org -- or –
- Print a copy of the application and mail it to:
Veterans Upward Bound
Gateway Tower II, Suite 105
400 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66101
2. Submit a copy of your DD214.
- Email it to us at email@example.com -- or --
- Mail a copy to Veterans Upward Bound at the address above.
If you experience any difficulty please call VUB at 913-321-5512, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.